Complete Auto Upholstery Training Course
$375.00 + $9.95 shipping charge
USA only. Outside of the USA, it will usually cost around $26.00. E-Mail me for the exact Price. Insurance on the package if available will be extra.
Why go to school to learn Upholstery and spend $$$ when you can study at home with your own training videos?!!
At home study – Included in this Training Course is 17 Videos that will teach you every aspect of Automobile Upholstery. You will learn Basic Sewing, How to sew Pleats, (Tuck & Roll), Diamond Tufting, Convertible Tops, Door & Trim Panels, How to make your own Patterns, Rebuilding Seats, Sunvisors & Flames, making your own seat foam cushions, How to make custom rugs,
and many more!
*This New Price increase is based on the addition of a 4 DVD set of videos on How to Install a Porsche 911 Headliner. These Videos also apply to Jaguars and some Mercedes and other High-end Autos also. On a Porsche 911, it is harder to replace a Headliner than it is to rebuild the motor
17 Tapes In All!
Tech help is available free of charge!
The 17 videos in the Complete Upholstery Training Course are also available individually. (See below for individual videos)
Diamond Pleating and Fitting Seat Covers
2 hours – $39.95
- 50’s Style top stitched diamonds
- How to do tufting
- How to do roll and pleat
- What materials and tools your going to need
Auto Seat Rebuilding
- Why you should rebuild
- Tools and materials
- How to measure a seat
- Repairing springs
- Shaping & cutting foam
- Checking fit of covers
- How to hog ring material
- Preparing a seat frame
Door and Trim Panel Upholstery
- How to make and customize your own door & trim panels.
- How to make patterns
- How to choose the right glue
- How to work with nap
- How to install window sweeps
- How to prep your old metal trim panels
- Tricks no other upholsterer would tell you
- Tricks GM doesn’t even know
- How to make a necktie corner
- How to go from a sketch to a finished product
- Covers sound deadening material
- Covers vapor barriers
Classic Auto Rugs
- Covers what kind of carpet to use.
- Covers how to make a pattern.
- Covers how to fit rugs
- Covers what kind of glue to use
- Covers how to make binding
- Covers what kind of padding to use
- How to avoid problems & mistakes when installing carpet
Diamond Tufting Coachwork (Brass Era Autos)
- How to choose the correct density foam for Tufting, sample shown used firm foam which was too firm.
- How to measure and fold tufting
- How to bottom stitch diamond Tufting
- How to layout and slice foam
- How to cover buttons without a machine
- How to do diamond tufting like nobody has ever done it before
- How to work with leather
How To Install A Convertible Top (Basics)
- How to align your body
- How to repair wood bows
- How and what your old top can tell you
- How to keep your bows in line
- How to install padding
- Wrinkles you can get out and wrinkles you can not.
- Best way to center a top
- How to install a glass window in a convertible top
- How to install a plastic window
How To Install a Headliner (Bowed and Foam Backed)
- How to float a headliner
- How to relieve tension to get all the wrinkles out
- How to rebuild a foam headliner backing board
- Where to get headliners from
- Tricks most upholsters don’t know
- What kind of glue to use
- How to remove them
- How to install them better than the factory did
- How to heat shrink perforated headliners without destroying them
Sewing Basics / Shop Setup
2.5 hours – $39.95
- Covers kind of tools you will need to start the business
- Kind of thread to use, and how to set up the thread tension
- The correction direction to sew in
- How sew your own welting
- How to sew on your machine
- How a walking foot sewing machine works
- The correct way to sew around corners
- The correct way to mark fabric
- How to work with fabric with a nap in it
- Size of your cutting table
- When you should get a high speed sewing machine
Making a Late Model Injected Molded Car Cushion Out of Block Foam
2 hours – $39.95
- What kind of foam to use
- How to shape the foam
- How to set in reinforcement bars
- How to reinforce foam with cloth
- How to make it better than the original one
How To Recover A Late Model Car Seat
2.5 hours – $39.95
- How to work with new seats with foam backed fabric that is attached to the seat.
- How to make a cover for your seat.
- How to make one that is permanently attached and has a real 3D look!
- How to get wrinkles out of your work and how to allow for the give of the fabric before cutting a pattern.
Sunvisors & Flames
2.5 hours – $39.95
It tells how to Restore and Make Sunvisors from the 20’s up to Present. It also covers how to make Flames and sew them. Once you learn how to make Flames on Sunvisors you will be able to make them anywhere else on the car. This video also covers how to sew binding and work with vinyl and Foam backed fabric.
Auto Upholstery Rate Guide
FREE With Purchase of Auto Upholstery Course
Learn What to Charge on Auto Upholstery Work!!!
Covers Independent Upholstery shop, Dealer Work, Used Car Work, and Restoration Shop
A six page pocket-sized guide including pricing for the most common Auto Upholstery Work.
If Purchased Separately $3.99
How to Make a Roll & Pleat Seatcover
3 hours 30 minutes – $39.95
This video describes 4 different ways to make a Roll & Pleat Seat Cover
- How to modify a Seat Cover to fit.
- How to pad out a cover.
- Different materials to use.
- Problems you could run into with pre made seat covers and how to fix them.
- When you should send the pre made Seat Cover back.
- This video is an updated and more detailed version of Diamond Pleating & Fitting Seat Covers DVD