How to Repair a Rusted Out Floor Panel
2.5 hrs – $20.00
Auto Restoration Videos
• Learn how to replace a rusted out floor panel…You will
need a good MIG Welder perferably with gas (Argon)
• Mig Welding Basics, What Tools you will need. When to take a shortcut and when not to. Different ways to replace a panel.
• How to deal with rust. Demo is done on a 65 Chevy Impala, But a floor is a floor is a floor it does not matter. If you can do one you can do any of them. This car is the worstcase Scenario. How to work with Body Filler.
How to Replace a Quarter Panel
3hrs 3 minutes – $25.00
Auto Restoration Videos
• This video does not cover how to replace the wheel tub…that is covered on another video. (This Video is not professionlly edited)
• Demo is done on a 65 Chevy Impala convertable. This is really a big quarter panel…close to 7 feet long… If you can replace one quarter panel on one car you can replace any of them.
• I use a Badmark Tiawan Quarter on this car…do not use it..they are junk…they must of used a 20 Ton Press to stamp this out, and GM probably used a 60 ton press…so the lines on the quarter are not as sharp. On the top ridge bend I had to split it right on the peak of the bend and weld it there so I cold work that peak with a hammer and dolly to make it like the original…
• This is a very labor intenseive job. Especially if this is your first one You will need a good cutting tool perferable a body saw…the one with the really thin blade that is air powered. And a good Mig welder too…I perfer one with the gas…Argon..If you are installing one of these you better get 2 of them..one for each side…the first thing people are going to do is look at the other side and say that does not look right…when they see the other side they will think that they must of been wrong…
How to Remove and Replace a Real Wheelwell
3hrs 7 Minutes – $25.00
• Demo done on a 65 Chevy Impala Convertable.
• Since there are no after market parts available for this I was forced to use a wheelwell for a Impala Coupe. They are close but different but you will see how the new one was modified to fit.. This car is a real rust bucket and it was not a easy repair..The whole floor and trunk had to be replaced on this car too..not covered on this video..
• At the very least you will need a good MIG Welder I prefer one with Argon gas, it gives a much cleaner weld. You will also need some cutting tools, like a body saw. If you can get a Plasma cuter that would be even better. This is a pretty complicated & difficult job…must be experienced to do this or have a lot of time.
• (Please Note this video is not Professionally Edited )
How To Prep Your Car For Paint
1 hour 55 minutes – $39.95
- How to shrink metal.
- What kind of sandpaper to use.
- What tools you will need.
- Why it is better to let someone else paint your car if you’ve never done that before.
How to do a frame restoration yourself, with minimal space, tools, and equipment. PHASE I
2.06 hours – $39.95
- How to remove a body from a frame in your own garage
- How to jack up the body and keep it up safely
- What tools you will need
- What the judges will look for
- How to sell your car for big bucks if its done correctly
- Demo is done on a 65 Chev Impala SS Convertible
- This video only covers disassembly